The Senior Fundamental Analyst is responsible for Linea’s fundamental and market analytics, as well as providing support for valuations modeling. The Senior Fundamental Analyst will work with the commercial, M&A and development teams to provide analytical expertise and robust modelling to support decision making.
The right candidate should be comfortable working efficiently within a small team and taking ownership of Linea’s fundamental analysis and will use his or her knowledge of the of power markets, modelling and econometrics to drive forward Linea’s analytical processes with efficiency and rigor.
• Develop, maintain, and store fundamental power curves (energy, capacity, ancillaries and RECs) for existing and new projects and/or technologies.
• Analyze the power markets and perform price movement and markets design simulations.
• Prepare, present and defend curves, fundamental analysis and price outlooks to management and investors.
• Develop models and dashboards to help visualize power market forecasts and fundamentals.
• Monitor fundamental drivers such as policy, regulations, technology, renewable builds, retirements, transmission changes and other relevant market trends to identify opportunities and challenges.
• Support in the evaluation and forecasting of power plant performance and economics.
• Establish relationships with colleagues and industry counterparts to maintain best in class modeling and data treatment.
• Network with industry counterparts to stay on top of new information that may impact power markets.
• Support and own IT framework for fundamental curve construction to ensure efficiency, accuracy and auditability.
• Advanced college degree, preferably with a concentration in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or Computer Science.
• 5+ years of power market analytics experience.
• Experience with power market forecasting models such as Aurora, Plexos and Promod.
• Robust understanding of power market fundamentals in the U.S.
• Modeling and market experience in ERCOT, MISO, PJM and the Northeast is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of date interaction and data frameworks.
• Programming skills and database querying ability, such as experience with python, alteryx or SQL.
• Experience with report building and visualization tools.
• Strong critical and analytical reasoning, with an ability to take a contrarian view when well-supported by data.
• Experience managing multiple projects with dynamic workflow.
• Ability to work in a small team with efficiency and ownership of individual responsibilities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
• Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
• Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
• Benefits: Benefit package with health care / dental / vision, and other health and wellness benefits.
• Location: Position will be located in Houston, TX.
Linea Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.