Development Director/Senior Director, ERCOT
The Director or Senior Director of development for ERCOT will be responsible for leading all technology (solar, wind, storage) development and strategy within ERCOT. The successful candidate will have deep of the ERCOT market; proven renewable project development and transaction experience in ERCOT; policy and market development experience; strong communication skills and financial acumen; and an ability to drive complex initiatives/deals to closure.
The Director will lead a team of development associates and analysts to build out a cross-technology greenfield portfolio, while assisting in evaluating and sourcing M&A opportunities. This individual will be responsible for tenaciously driving market development and value creation across diverse project pipelines. While the Senior Director/Director will work closely with the management team, they are expected to be hands-on and have a detailed grasp of both the details and the big picture.
• Drive market and project development and value creation in ERCOT, taking responsibility for project success
• Innovate on existing business models to deliver above-and-beyond results
• Hire, train and manage a small team to enable regional sucess
• Develop, own and execute the project development strategy and tactics of DG markets.
• Work closely across multiple functions, including finance, revenue optimization, transmission and procurement to vet and understand project assumptions and push to find value across various value levers
• Manage a team of market leads, business development leads, developers, and support staff while providing leadership and mentorship in negotiation, analysis, and risk assessment.
• Direct market-wide activities with a focus on budget management and project profitability.
• Originate, lead and/or manage due diligence on projects, sites, and counterparties for acquisition projects.
• Analyze and interpret regulations, program economics, input prices and other data by market and provide input to the company’s business plan and development strategy
• Develop and maintain partnerships across policy groups, customer acquisition and management providers, peer community developers and investors.
• Four-year Bachelor’s degree, preference for a focus on energy, environmental, business or engineering industries. Master’s degrees a plus.
• 6-10+ years’ experience required in renewable energy development, with direct experience with at least 2 technology types.
• Fully adept across MS Office Suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint), Microsoft Teams
• Strong working knowledge of GIS platforms and ability to manipulate GIS data as plus.
• Experience directly managing project stakeholders, communities and policy makers to create the best project and market outcomes.
• Ability to synthesize complex risks and opportunities into succinct and actionable directions.
• Deep understanding of the policy, regulatory and competitive dynamics that drive revenue and market access in DG/Community markets.
• Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, attention to detail and accountability.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
• Strong interest in joining a dynamic, value-building environment and being part of a high-performing and collaborative team.
• Direct leadership experience managing and hiring a small team.
• Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
• Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
• Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
• Benefits: Benefit package with health care / dental / vision, and other health and wellness benefits.
• Location: Position will be located in Houston, TX or San Francisco, CA.
Linea Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.