Seeking a motivated candidate for an Associate or Manager in the Development team, for utility scale solar, BESS and wind development. This position would support the Development department and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team involved in all stages of project development, from conception through start of construction, as well as M&A project diligence. Ultimately, individuals may focus on a specific region or technology but for the immediate Projects may be located across multiple states.
This position requires coordinating between 2-4 projects and their development activities using cloud-based project management, GIS, document management databases and reporting tools. Projects may be located across multiple states and will generally have between a 36–48-month development cycle. The successful candidate will demonstrate sound industry and project development knowledge, superior leadership and communication skills, the ability to focus on minute details while still seeing the big picture, detailed organization, a desire to solve complex problems, initiative, results oriented and an excellent ability to work with others across multiple teams
• Assist with financial models, power point presentations (internal and external audiences), for internal reporting for team meetings.
• Take responsibility for cloud-based project budgets, objectives, schedules and deliverables for assigned development projects.
• Coordinate development activities including but not limited to site acquisition, real estate and title curative, interconnection, regulatory approvals, engineering, land use and environmental permitting, and financial valuation, by working with internal teams, external consultants, and local stakeholders.
• Demonstrate and ensure effective communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills within the multi-disciplinary project team.
• Support creation of development strategy and execute on it to achieve project milestones on time and on budget in order for projects to successfully move into financing and construction.
• Gather market intelligence and expand relationships with local government, utility, and other stakeholder groups to understand the project development and permitting processes.
• Support land use and environmental permitting applications, support the process of preliminary engineering, and attend and support presentations at public permitting meetings.
• Coordinate the real estate title curative process including diligence, supporting negotiation, and closeout with support of internal real estate team and external consultants.
• Coordinate the interconnection process including diligence, technical review, negotiation from application through signed agreement, with support of internal interconnection team and external consultants.
• Coordinate preliminary project valuation modeling with support from the project finance team to understand all inputs and sensitivities of the valuation.
• Identify and report risks to project success and work with internal and external parties to establish mitigation plans to maintain project schedules and budgets.
• Arranging, organizing, regularly scheduled project meetings, communicating projects’ statuses, reviewing and updating the project schedule, budget, and cash forecast.
• Review and manage project contracts including leases, interconnection agreements, power purchase agreements to ensure compliance with their terms.
• Support the creation and improvement of development and project management tools, processes, best practices.
• Regular travel to project sites.
• Four-year Bachelor’s degree, preference for a focus on energy, environmental, business or engineering industries. Master’s degrees a plus.
• 3-5+ years’ experience required in renewable energy development.
• Fully adept across MS Office Suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint), Microsoft Teams
• Strong working knowledge of GIS platforms and ability to manipulate GIS data as plus
• Demonstrates initiative and excellent work ethic in a fast paced environment.
• Detail oriented, multitask, experience working with multiple stakeholders and timelines
• Ability to formulate and recommend decisions with imperfect information.
• Project management, organizational, and analytical problem-solving skills.
• Strong organization, communication skills and attention to detail.
• Results driver and solutions oriented
• Ability to work with little supervision and to seek help when needed
• Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
• Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
• Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
• Benefits: Benefit package with health care / dental / vision, and other health and wellness benefits.
• Location: Position will be located in San Francisco, CA or Chicago, IL preferred, remote in-market available
Linea Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.