Analyst, Renewable Energy Project Development
Seeking a motivated candidate for an Analyst, Development position for utility scale solar, BESS and wind development. This position would support the Development department and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team involved in all stages of project development, from conception through start of construction, as well as M&A project diligence.
Ultimately, individuals may focus on a specific region or technology but for the immediate Projects may be located across multiple states. The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in renewable development, leadership and communication skills, the ability to focus on minute details while still seeing the big picture, detailed organization, a desire to solve complex problems, initiative, results oriented and an excellent ability to work with others across multiple teams.
• Partner with the larger Development team to coordinate efforts and drive projects forward from inception through to construction
• Assist with MSAs, task orders, invoices, and data management
• Partner with the legal and development teams to process relevant paperwork
• Collaborate cross functionally to support on tasks as needed
• Conduct market, land, and regulatory project research
• Develop and manage project development schedules and budgets
• Assist in preparation of project investment committee memos to support ongoing investment case in projects
• Support team in managing overall development pipeline
• Coordinating with internal project developers and subject matter guides for the successful and timely execution of key development deliverables including the following:
• Performing site diligence by reviewing environmental, utility, and other land features
• Support development of zoning/permit applications, environmental compliance, handling external consultants, and creating permitting site plans
• Support development of interconnection process of submitting a request or application and working with the applicable utility through necessary technical studies
• Entering and maintaining key project data using cloud-based document management, relational databases, and reporting tools. Key project data management could include:
• Onboarding new projects into data systems
• Maintaining projections of upcoming payments, project budgets, and cash forecasts
• Maintain detailed project gantt schedules
• Four-year Bachelor’s degree, prefer for a focus on energy, environmental, business or engineering industries
• 1-3+ years’ experience required in renewable energy development.
• Fully adept across MS Office Suite (specifically Excel and Power Point), Microsoft Teams
• Framiliarity with GIS platformas and ability to manipulate GIS data as plus
• Demonstrates initiative and excellent work ethic in fast paced environment.
• Proactive: flexible and able to work cross-functionally with various teams and provide support on various tasks
• Detail oriented, multitask, experience working with multiple stakeholders and timelines
• Ability to formulate and recommend decisions with imperfect information.
• Project management, organizational, and analytical problem-solving skills.
• Strong organization, communication skills and attention to detail.
• Results driver and solutions oriented
• Ability to work with little supervision and to seek help when needed
• Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
• Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
• Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
• Benefits: Benefit package with health care / dental / vision, and other health and wellness benefits.
• Location: Position will be located in San Francisco, CA or Chicago, IL
Linea Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.